World Penguin Day is celebrated every year across the world on the 25th April to raise awareness for these amazing flightless birds.
A penguin adoption with World Wildlife Fund for Nature (WWF) offers a great way to help protect the future of these captivating creatures and their habitat – and would make a great gift too!
Penguins are incredibly vulnerable to threats like climate change and depend on sea ice for their main food source – krill. But parts of the Antarctic and Southern Ocean are warming rapidly, which is affecting some of the penguins’ feeding grounds.
Your adoption and support will help WWF to:
- improve the management of Antarctica’s resources and safeguard its wildlife
- establish a network of marine protected areas covering at least 10% of the 20 million km² Southern Ocean
- reduce illegal and unsustainable fishing practices
- raise awareness of the threats of climate change we all face
- fund other essential WWF work around the world
Sign up for a penguin adoption from just £3 per month and receive:
- A cuddly toy
- Regular updates from Wild World, Go Wild and Penguins
- A bumper fact pack with bookmarks and stickers.
- A wonderful gift that will help protect the future of penguins and their habitat.
Free postage is offered for delivery within 10 days, or order by 2pm for 2-3 day delivery at £3.75. For a last minute gift, you can also download an adoption certificate to give on the day.
For more information on WWF penguin and other animal adoptions go to https://support.wwf.org.uk/adopt-an-animal/